Wall-mounted single drives, ACS880-01
Our wall-mounted drives are designed on ABB’s common drives architecture. They are customized to the precise needs of industries such as oil and gas, mining, metals, chemicals, cement, power plants, material handling, pulp and paper, sawmills and marine. They are designed to control a wide range of applications including cranes, extruders, winches, winders, conveyors, mixers, compressors, pumps and fans. The drive comes in nine different frame sizes (R1 to R9) for easy installation and commissioning.
At the heart of the drive is direct torque control (DTC), ABB’s premier motor control technology. The extensive range of options include EMC filters, encoder and resolver interfaces, du/dt filters, sine filters, chokes and brake resistors, as well as application specific software. Built-in safety features reduce the need for external safety components. Multiple drives can be daisy-chained for synchronized drive-to-drive communication.
ABB provides an extensive selection of support documentation for planning including dimension drawings in different formats, EPLAN P8 macros and line apparatus selection tool for selecting external components on the line side and motor side of the drive.
The type approved ACS880-01 marine drive, provides advanced reliability and availability at sea. The drive fulfills marine and offshore requirements and the design and operations have been tested according to marine type approval requirements. ACS880-01 comes with marine type approval from various key classification bodies.
- Enclosure classes UL type open (IP20), UL type 1 (IP21), and UL type 12 (IP55) for different environments.
- Compact design for easy installation, commissioning and maintenance
- Integrated safety including safe torque off (STO) as standard and the optional safety functions module, (TÜV Nord certified)
- Supports various motor types including synchronous reluctance motors
- Intuitive control panel with USB connection − Removable memory unit for easy maintenance
- Drive composer PC tool for commissioning and configuration
- Primary control program – common software used throughout the ACS880 drive series
- Control unit supporting a wide range of fieldbuses, feedback devices and input/output options
- Coated boards as standard
- Controllable cooling fan
- Incoming air temperature measurement for protecting the drive from different temperature related failure mechanisms
- Built-in braking chopper, option for frame sizes R5 to R9
- EMC filter option
- du/dt filter option for motor protection
- Built-in choke
- Supporting optimized cabinet mounting with option (P940, +P944)
© Copyright 2015 ABB. All rights reserved.
Specifications subject to change without notice.