Standard software for scalable control and functionality
The same software, the primary control program, is used across the whole ACS880 series. Features such as built-in pre-programmed application macros save time during configuration and drive commissioning. The application macros help set parameters for various functions including:
- Basic setup for input/output control and fieldbus control
- Hand/auto control for local and remote operation
- PID control for closed loop processes
- Sequential control for repetitive cycles
- Torque control
- Four user sets, for saving multiple drive configurations
Direct torque control (DTC)
The drives are equipped with direct torque control (DTC), ABB’s signature motor control platform which supports motors such as induction motors, permanent magnet motors and servo motors and the new synchronous reluctance motor.
DTC helps control the motor from standstill to maximum torque and speed without the necessity of encoders or position sensors. DTC allows high overloadability, gives high starting torque and reduces stress on mechanics.
Energy efficiency information
The drives come with built-in energy efficiency information that helps the user fine-tune processes to ensure optimum energy use. The energy optimizer mode ensures the maximum torque per ampere, reducing energy drawn from the supply.
The load profile feature collects drive values with three loggers: two amplitude loggers and one peak value logger.
Calculators provide essential energy efficiency information:
used and saved electrical energy, CO2 reduction and money saved.
Additional software features include:
- Access levels
- Adaptive programming
- Automatic reset
- Automatic start
- Constant speeds
- Critical speeds and frequencies
- DC hold
- DC magnetizing
- Drive-to-drive link for master-follower control
- Flux braking
- Maintenance timer and counters
- Mechanical brake control
- Motor potentiometer
- Output phase order selection, switches rotation direction of the motor
- Oscillation damping
- Power loss ride-through
- Process PID control with trim function
- Programmable and pre-programmed protection functions
- Programmable inputs and outputs
- Scalar control with IR compensation
- Speed controller with auto tuning
- Startup assistants
- User adjustable load supervision/limitation
- User selectable acceleration and deceleration ramps
- Variable slope
Removable memory unit
The removable memory unit stores the software that includes user settings, parameter settings and motor data. Situated on the control unit, the memory unit can easily be removed for maintenance, update or replacement purposes. This common type of memory unit is used throughout the ACS880 series.
© Copyright 2015 ABB. All rights reserved.
Specifications subject to change without notice.