Joliet Technologies is proud to be an integrator of Soft Starter Products by SOLCON.
HRVS-DN Digital Soft Starter with Advanced Protection for High and Medium Voltage
Digital soft starter for high and medium voltage motors. Incorporates features similar to those of the RVS-DN. Range: 60-2500A, 100-25000KW, 1500-15000V, (Consult Factory for 1500-1800A, 13800-15000V). The HRVS-DN digital soft starter comes in a variety of versions. It features integrated motor insulation protection and has many additional features which can be tailored to suit your needs.
Medium Voltage Digital Soft Starter 30-2700A, 1500-15000V
This advanced, micro-processor controlled through fiber optic links, Medium Voltage soft starter is designed for use with standard asynchronous and synchronous motors.
The HRVS-DN is a highly sophisticated digital soft starter which ensures smooth, stepless acceleration and deceleration, eliminating current and mechanical shocks to the motor and load.
Medium Voltage Soft-Starter,
for Asynchronous and Synchronous Motors 50-2700A, 1500-15000V
Static & Rotating Exciters
Static: 60-240Vdc, 40-1000A
Rotating: Any Range
Incorporating microprocessor circuitry with fiber optic control, the HRVS-DN is the ideal soft-starting solution for medium voltage asynchronous as well as synchronous motors.The sophisticated control ensures superior acceleration and deceleration, thus, eliminating current and mechanical shocks.
The starter can be supplied as Chassis (IP00) or Enclosed (IP31-67, NEMA 1-6X) with options such as Line and Bypass vacuum contactors or circuit breakers, disconnect switches, main and control protection fuses, motor protection relay, etc.
MEDIUM VOLTAGE SOFT STARTER, DIGITAL for MOTORS 30-2700A, 1500-15000V
Medium Voltage Soft Starter Integrated Motor Insulation Protection
The HRVS-DN is a third generation, digital Medium Voltage, Soft Starter, designed for use with standard MV asynchronous and synchronous motors. This highly sophisticated soft starter ensures smooth, step-less acceleration and deceleration, eliminating high inrush current and damaging mechanical torque on startup and mechanical wear on stopping. The HRVS-DN is available as a stand-alone product or as part of a complete system including Line and/or Bypass Contactors. Additional options for medium voltage soft starter include Load Break Switch, Motor Protection Relay, Digital Multimeter, etc.
We can customise our medium voltage soft starters to solve all of your inrush and starup problems. To see what we can do for you sign up now to become a distributor.
Advantages at a Glance for the HRVS-DN Medium Voltage Soft Starter
- Eliminates high inrush current and high mechanical torque on startup.
- Soft, stepless acceleration & deceleration.
- Unique starting & stopping characteristics.
- User friendly, straight forward set-up and operation.
- Sophisticated motor protection package.
- Heavy duty design: 50°C ambient temperature.
- Innovative low voltage test mode – full function-testing with a small L.V motor, using LV mains.
- Advanced Electronic Potential Transformer utilizing Patent Pending “wireless” fiber-optic controlled firing system.
- Each starter is tested for Partial Discharge (corona) to ensure long term reliability.
- Power factor capacitors can be connected directly to the upstream contactor.
- IP30-standard, higher protection by special order.
- Two optional methods of delivery: Chassis type for self assembly or Complete system
- RS485 Communication with MODBUS, PROFIBUS or MODBUS/TCP protocols (others available on request)
- Wide 45-65Hz Auto-tracking frequency range realized by special software with unique hardware arrangement.
(designed for Marine, Offshore and Generators operating under continuous frequency fluctuation)
- Torque and current starting and stopping characteristics.
- Pump control software.
- Analog output option.
- Motor Insulation Protection option (with programmable alarm and trip levels via seperate additional output).
Medium Voltage Soft Starter Range: 2300-7200V, 30-2700A
Medium Voltage Soft Starter Range: 10000-13800V, 30-2700A
Medium Voltage Soft Starter Range: 13800-15000V, 30-2700A
Approvals of our products and Medium Voltage Soft Starters
Some of the approval bureau’s we work with :
as well as : BV, RINA
Starting & Stopping
- Soft start and soft stop
- Current limit
- Torque & Current Control ramps
- Pump Control characteristics
- Pulse (kick) start
- Tacho/encoder feedback (option)
- Dual Adjust – 2 start/stop characteristics for varying loads, two speed motors, etc.
Soft starting and stopping utilizing our world renown “Pump Control Program”- choose the most effective curve for acceleration, deceleration and adjust for final torque.
Set-up & Supervision of a Medium Voltage Soft Starter
- Illuminated LCD with 2 lines, 16 characters each.
- Selectable languages: English, German, French or Spanish.
- The LCD displays motor current, fault description as well as statistical data.
- Easy set-up using six soft-touch keys to change preprogrammed default parameters.
- Eight LEDs for a quick status display:
Control voltage On & Self Test OK
- Motor soft starting
- Motor running
- Motor soft stopping
- Motor stopped
- Test Mode Activated
- Dual Adjust mode
- Last Starting Period
- Last Start Maximum Current
- Total Run Time
- Number of Starts
- Last Trip
- Trip Current
- Total Number of Trips
- Historical Trip Event Recorder (10 Event conditions)
Control Inputs & Outputs for a Medium Voltage Soft Starter
- Control voltage: 110-120, 220-240VAC / 50-60Hz or 110 – 220VDC to be specified at time of order.
- Separate inputs for Start, Stop (Emergency) and Soft Stop.
- Two programmable External fault inputs – will stop the motor 2 sec. after the contact closes
- Aux. Contacts – three C/O relays, 8A, 250V, 2000VA (four C/O relays when Insulation option is used) :
- Immediate Relay – changes position upon start signal, with adjustable On & Off delays.
Returns to original position upon Voltage Outage, Fault, Stop signal and Soft stop signal.
at the end of soft stopping process. It can also be configured as a “Shear-pin Alarm” contact.
- End of Acceleration Relay – operates upon completion of starting process, with adjustable
On delay. Returns to original position upon Voltage outage, Fault, Stop and Soft Stop signals.
- Fault Relay – can be programmed as:
Fault – changes position upon Fault, returns to original position upon Reset.
Fault-Fail-Safe – changes position upon control voltage connection, returns upon fault.
- Insulation Alarm relay – changes position upon insulation detection at a pre-programmed level.
- Immediate Relay – changes position upon start signal, with adjustable On & Off delays.
Typical Applications for a Medium Voltage Soft Starter
- Fans and centrifuges
- Conveyors and monorail systems
- Pumps, Compressors and Chillers
- Starting large motors from weak power supply
(diesel generators, long supply lines, etc.)
Marine & Offshore Applications for a Medium Voltage Soft Starter
- Cargo Pumps (LNG, LPG, etc.)
- Water & Ballast pumps
- Refrigeration compressors
- Hydraulic pumps & power packs
- Main Propulsion (Variable Pitch Propellers)
Northern Swan, soft starting 8 cargo pumps and 2 compressors.
Comprehensive Motor & Starter Protection
with Occurrence status table
|Too many starts & Start Inhibit Time|
|Electronic Overload with selectable curves|
|Shear Pin (Jam)|
Starter Protection – trip function at 850% FLC in less than 1 cycle
|Motor Protection – trip function|
During Start-factory set at 850% FLA in less than 1 cycle
During Run-adjustment 200-850% FLA with adjustable delay
Starter Protection – trip function at 850% FLC
|Motor Protection – Alarm & Trip functions|
On fault “Immediate Relay” acts as alarm w/adjustable delay.
Trip will not occur if fault is cleared within the time delay.
During Start – preset at 850% FLA with adjustable delay
During Run – prog. 200-850% FLA with adjustable delay
|Ground Fault Current|
|Under voltage. Time delay is overridden in a “No-Volt” case|
|Over voltage with adjustable time delay|
|Under / Over Frequency when range exceeds “Auto Tracking”|
|Long start time (Stall protection)|
|Shorted SCR & Wrong connection (Load Loss)|
|External fault 1 & 2|
|SCR protection by Metal Oxide Varistors (MOV)|
|Starter internal test Passed|
When supply voltage is connected and after the “On” LED is lit.
|Power ON & NO Start signal|
|By-Pass contactor Open|
Scope of supply
Chassis type or Cabinet (IP 30-54) or NEMA,with L.V. & M.V. segregated compartments.
Single or Multi-Motor Versions.
Single : One Soft-Starter and One Motor
Multi : One Soft-Starter and Two to Four Motors
- HRVS-DN M.V. soft starter
- Line & Bypass Vacuum Contactors
- Low voltage control system
Options for a Medium Voltage Soft Starter
- Insulation Alarm – where motor insulation is continuously checked. Alarm and Trip levels are programmable
- Communication: RS 485 with MODBUS, PROFIBUS or MODBUS-TCP
- Analogue Output of motor current
(field programmable 0-10VDC, 0/4-20mA or inverse)
- Motor Protection Relay MPR 2000 with up to 10 temperature inputs (Thermistors / RTDs) consult factory for further details
- Main Isolator including handle, Motor Protection type main fuses (with or without blown fuse indicator) etc (Incoming Cabinet containing all the options)
- Digital Power, Voltage and Current Meter DPM-10, for continuous parameter display.
soft starter, soft starters, Medium Voltage soft-starter, Medium Voltage soft-starters, Medium Voltage soft starter, Medium Voltage soft starters, arrancador media tension, media tension partidor. Marine duty medium voltage soft starter. HRVS-DN Ex for mining applications.
Information Provided by:
Solcon North America