Innovation, Customization, Delivery
Dynapar encompasses the broadest line of trusted brands in motion feedback control, including Dynapar encoders and Hengstler brand incremental encoders and absolute rotary encoders, Northstar heavy-duty magneto-resistive and Heavy-Duty optical encoders and high-performance Harowe brand resolvers. Only Dynapar feedback solutions offer these world-class rotary feedback brands from one Global Supplier with 3 day delivery on most models for customer peace of mind.
Joliet Technologies is the preferred Dynapar Integrator for the Chicagoland area.
Series R45 Rotopulser® Incremental Encoders
- Direct mount to NEMA 56C through 184C AC or DC motors
- Field replaceable readhead for easy service
- Complete electrical protection and proven noise immunity
- Optional line driver outputs, screw terminal connections
- Thin profile – only 5/8″ thick
Overview / Design Principle:
The separately mounted ring and gear are designed to function without any setup or adjustments. Operation is reliable even in wet, dirty, and extreme industrial temperature environments. No flexible shaft coupling is required, and there are no bearings to wear out, meaning greater mechanical reliability.
Coupled with a frequency-to-voltage converter, such as the Dynapar brand FV3, the R45 Rotopulser® provides a precise, brushless feedback, at a lower cost than expensive DC tachometer-generators.
An optional, X2 speed output provides twice the number of pulses per revolution for improved low speed operation. Line driver outputs are available for installations with long cable runs. A screw terminal option further simplifies field wiring. The Series R45 Rotopulser® comes with all necessary mounting hardware included.
Features and Benefits:
- Unique hub design uses a split collar clamp that provides better gear retention than set screws and will not raise burrs on the motor shaft which can make removal difficult.
- Thinnest package available, allowing more through shaft extension for clutches and brakes.
- “Overhung” conduit box allows mounting to the rear accessory flange of larger motors without mechanical interference.
The Dynapar Advantage:
- Innovative, high quality leading edge technology encoder products
- Broad commercial – industrial grade product line
- Fast 3 Day Delivery and customized built to order solutions available
- Global Manufacturing & Service Support
- Fast-Friendly Customer Service & Technical Support with Multi-Lingual Capabilities
- Global Network of Authorized Resellers
- Competitive Product Warranty: 2 Years
The Dynapar brand Series R45 Rotopulser® mounts directly to motors with a front or rear 4-1/2 NEMA C-face to provide digital feedback for RPM readout, speed control, and positioning
Standard Operating Characteristics
Resolution: 60 PPR (pulses/revolution)
Format: Single channel unidirectional (A), or two channel quadrature (AB) outputs
Quadrature Phasing: 90° ±45° electrical
Symmetry: 180° ±36° electrical
Input Power: (not including output loads)
Single ended 4.5 min. to 16.5 VDC max. at 50 mA max.;
Open collector and differential line driver: 4.5 min. to 26 VDC max. at 75 mA max.
Outputs: Single ended with 2 kO pullup: 16.5 VDC max., 20 mA sink at 0.5 V max.;
Open Collector: 30 VDC max., 40 mA sink max.;
7272 Differential Line Driver: 40 mA sink or source
Frequency Response: 10 kHz min.
Electrical Protection: Overvoltage and reverse voltage to 30 VDC; output short circuit protected to Common or other outputs, to +V (differential line driver only)
Noise Immunity: Tested to EN50082-2 (Heavy Industrial) for Electro Static Discharge, Radio Frequency Interference, Electrical Fast Transients, Conducted and Magnetic Interference
Terminations: Wire leads: 7″ long min., 18 AWG;
Screw terminals: accept 22 to 14 AWG solid or stranded wires
Motor frame sizes: 56C, 143TC, 145TC, 182C and 184C
Motor shaft/hub sizes: 5/8″, 7/8″ nominal
Housing: Cast Aluminum, chromate finish
Gear: 1010 Steel
Moment of Inertia: 0.0035 -in-lb-sec2
Shaft Speed: 5,000 RPM max.
Readhead to gear gap: 0.020″ nominal, 0.030 max.
Allowable Endplay: ±0.060
Operating Temperature: -40 to +85°C
Storage Temperature: -40 to +90°C
Shock: 20 G’s for 11 milliseconds duration
Vibration: 5 to 2000 Hz at 2.5 G’s
Humidity: to 98% without condensation
- Series R45 Rotopulser (PDF file)
Related Products & Resources:
- Spare Parts & Accessories
- Feedback Quick Reference Guide (PDF File)
- Encoder Catalog (PDF file)
- Encoder Handbook (PDF file)
- Encoder FAQ’s
For additional information or to receive a full-line catalog, contact your Dynapar representative at 1.800.873.8731 or visit their web site at: www.dynapar.com
Headquarters:1675 Delany Road • Gurnee, IL 60031-1282 • USA
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2009 Dynapar Corp. Printed in U.S.A. • Feedback Quick Reference Guide P/N# N-FLB130 (11/09) 5M
Call Joliet Technologies TODAY
If you have any questions concerning Dynapar products, feel free to contact us:
Phone (815) 725-9696,
Toll Free (866) 492-9888,
Fax (815) 725-9393 or
Joliet Technologies custom packages, integrates and engineers AC Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), DC Variable Speed Drives (VSD) and AC Drive Controllers using top of the line manufacturers, like ABB, Emerson-Control Techniques, Siemens and Saftronics (Fincor). Our custom drive packages are built to your specifications for your application. We specialize in large horsepower drive systems (500Hp and above). Call us at (815) 725-9696 or fax us at (815) 725-9393 or e-mail us or fill out an RFQ with your requirements. Serving the greater Chicagoland area and the World.