Every facility has equipment critical to its operation and productivity. This equipment is often controlled by medium voltage AC motors.
The MVC Plus Series soft starter provides the highest standard of motor control and unsurpassed protection for these critical motor applications.
|All the features of a motor protection relay without the added cost.|
ANSI / IEE
System / Protection Features
|Reduced voltage soft start|
|Locked rotor / Incomplete sequence|
|12t electronic motor overload|
|Instantaneous electronic over current trip|
|Power factor trip|
|Over voltage protection|
|Starts per hour and time between starts|
|Lockout / start inhibit|
|Ground fault detection, instantaneous and current|
|Stator and bearing RTD protection|
|Speed switch and tachometer trip|
The MVC Plus Series soft starter provides the system protection features found in expensive “stand-alone” Motor Protection Relays, without costly add-on cards or discreet devices.
- Over Current / Electronic Shear Pin trip and alarm safeguards your motor and equipment. Protects against jammed loads, sand in pumps, detects worn out blades, etc.
- Under Current / Load trip and alarm sensing detects an underloaded motor due to shaft/belt breakage or loss of prime in pumping systems.
- Dual Mode Short Circuit Trip (exclusive “toe-inthe-water” circuit) pre-checks the motor to prevent starting into a shorted load. In the Run mode, it becomes an “electronic fuse” tripping faster than most fuses and circuit breakers.
- Phase Rotation, Phase Loss and Current Imbalance Protection
- Under Voltage, Over Voltage and Line Frequency trips and alarms protect against power problems from the utility or generator.
Ground Fault Option
Zero Sequence ground fault protection can be provided to protect equipment from damage due to faulty grounded conductors or motor windings. Separate High (fast) and Low (slower) trip points and alarm levels are available to help prevent nuisance trips. The ground fault protection (T uses a fiber optic connection for safety isolation.
RTD Input Option for Precise Thermal Management
Thermally biased, programmable RTD inputs can be multiple types and can be individually named. Each RTD can be assigned to an output relay with different values for alarm or trip. Temperatures are recorded to the fault history and can be used to activate warning or trip relays based on setpoints. 12 RTD inputs can be configured in software to match the RTD material used and can be monitored at the keypad or remotely.
Real-time Clock Features
- Coast Down/ Back Spin Lockout (programmable up to 60 minutes) prevents a start attempt when the motor /Ioad is backspinning when the motor is turned off.
- Elapsed Time Metering indicates run time for scheduled maintenance or trouble shooting help.
- Time Between Starts Lockout eliminates motor and equipment damage caused by repeated start commands.
- Time and Date Stamping of faults for precise recording of what happened when.
- Starts-per-Hour Lockout/Short Cycle Timer allows you to program the maximum number of starts per hour and provides a programmed “wait time” (0 – 60 minutes) between start attempts.